Electronic commerce, also known as e-commerce can be defined as the act of buying and selling of products and services with the help of online services over the internet. E-commerce business includes the direct sale to consumers with the use of websites, mobile apps, live chat, email marketing etc. It also includes business to business buying and selling of product and services. E-commerce business is broadly classified into two categories. The primary category involves the buying and selling of goods and the second category defines the nature of the participant.
E-Commerce marketing is an integrated part of Digital Marketing. Digital marketing can be defined as the act of promoting and advertising any product and services using any digital channels such as the internet. It is a very economical method for the promotion of goods and services and helps to reach to masses by investing a very small amount.
The marketing automation can be defined as, the Java software platforms and the technologies that are specifically designed to use the marketing channels more effectively and to automate the repetitive tasks. As marketing automation has emerged into digital marketing, it has reduced the efforts of the marketers and by the time marketing automation will take the digital marketing to another level.
As the marketing automation is growing day by day so using marketing automation in e-commerce business can prove to be a very beneficial step for the growth of e-commerce business. Some of the benefits of marketing automation in e-commerce business are:
Easy to approach a large number of audiences: As with the rapid growth of marketing channels such as email, social media, SMS, Search Engine Optimization, it makes easy for the marketer to approach a large number of audience base in a very less time. One of the main advantages of the multichannel strategy is that it can be used to reach out right people, at the right time and place.
- Improved lead generation and conversion: For an e-commerce business it is very important to generate leads and convert those leads into prospective customers. So for this purpose, a business can set up a marketing automation program to approach the leads and to connect them in the way that matters to them.
- Improved analytics: With the help of email marketing automation in every aspect of the marketing campaign can easily be tracked and can be reported on. With the help email marketing campaign it can easily be measured where the marketing campaign is performing well and where it needs to be optimized. The tracking becomes extremely easy whenever an email marketing campaign has been run.
- Time-saving: The introduction of marketing automation has proved to be a very time-saving technique. With the help of marketing automation tools, it can easily be identified, where the time can be spent in searching out new products and services and to identify the e-commerce strategy can be used to grow the e-commerce business. Marketing automation will not only help in decreasing the workload but it will also help in optimizing the marketing campaign.
- Improving the customer experience: With the help of marketing automation, businesses and the organization can send the behavioral triggered emails to its customers. These marketing campaigns send the emails automatically when the customer does certain things. Website personalization and behavioral triggered emails helps to create a personalized customer experience between customer and the business. When a business or any organization gives personalized experience to its customers it helps the company in making more money.
- Increase in the scale and scope of the campaign: Another benefit of the marketing automation in e-commerce is that it helps in increasing the scale and the scope of the campaign. Automation helps in the marketing of the product and services beyond the limit of the team size. By creating a comprehensive series of campaigns, it helps to increase the revenue at every stage of the purchasing cycle.
- Boosting return on investment on the staff costs: As the marketing automation helps in reducing the need employ staff for the same repetitive marketing campaigns which help in streamlining the team and cut the staff cost.
- Recovering the lost revenue: Marketing automation tools help to send many campaigns within seconds, that helps you to encourage your customer to complete their purchases which helps in recovering the revenue which a company would have lost.
So marketing automation can prove to be a very useful tool in e-commerce business as it helps in optimizing the record of the marketing campaign and will also help in saving the manual efforts of digital marketer. Also, with the help of automation and AI, the business of e-commerce has grown a lot in the past couple of years and is expected to expand exponentially by 2020. Moreover, the ever-changing technologies also making it easy for the marketing organizations to grow the business of any e-commerce platform.
Site Search 360 News