The Google search results don’t seem to be settling down at all, at least not over the past five weeks or so. I am seeing more chatter and signals that there was another search ranking algorithm update, probably a smaller one, yesterday. Many of the automated tools are showing signs and I am also seeing some chatter.
Some are suggesting this may be a tweak to the Google Birthday Update from September 27th. As I said, the past five weeks or so were pretty active, here is our coverage of just Google updates over the past five weeks or so:
- October 2018 Google Webmaster Report reported on October 4, 2018
- This Is What Google Is Saying About The Google September Updates reported on October 3, 2018
- Google Birthday Update: Google Confirms Small Algorithm Update reported on September 27th reported on September 30, 2018
- Google Search Algorithm Update reported on September 27th reported on September 28, 2018
- Google Images Algorithm Now Uses Page Authority & Image Placement reported on A Page reported on September 26, 2018
- Google Search Algorithm Shifts Around September 19th? reported on September 21, 2018
- Google Algorithm Update reported on September 11th reported on September 12, 2018
- Google Search Ranking Update Brewing? Early Signs Of Algorithm Shifts. reported on September 6, 2018
- September 2018 Google Webmaster Report reported on September 3, 2018
- Google Search Algorithm Update Starting reported on August 22 reported on August 24, 2018
The ongoing WebmasterWorld has some chatter spiking back up again. Here are some of the comments:
And .. the last Sept27 update rolled back .. or some tweaks happened .
We are seeing results back to pre- September 27 data set this morning also. Odd.
Looks like the SERP sensors are up again…
Anyone seeing any movement?
Here are the tracking tools:
So it seems somewhat small, it may be a small tweak to the last update or it may be just a hiccup? What do you all think?
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.